The Diary Of Colleen


Monday, January 19, 2009
Once again, I say I'm gonna start writing in this blog and I never do it! I've sat down and started to write once or twice, but it's finishing that is the problem. I think this time I'm just gonna write, and if I don't finish it, I'm gonna post it anyways. So if this cuts off in the middle of a sentence, don't worry, I did it on purpose!
Let's see, it was November when I last posted so what has happened?
Duh- the holidays!
Thanksgiving was FABULOUS. Except for the fact I went out the night before and had wayyyyyyy too much to drink, then felt like I was gonna throw up the entire 1.5 hour drive to Kris's parents house. I've worked the night before Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember, and always been jealous of everyone who gets to go out and party. My best friend Tara was home for the holiday, and I'll be the first to admit that when she's around, I tend to go a little overboard on the fun factor!
I had the Friday after Thanksgiving off. You don't know how much that meant to me!!! Kris had to go to work, so I went back to sleep after he left and then after a while I got up, turned on some Christmas music and baked Gingerbread ALL DAY. It couldn't have been more perfect of a day. I was kind of sad that Kris had to work, but it was also really nice to have the house to myself for the first time in a long time!
Then came December...
I turned 29. Not much to say about that other than I plan to thoroughly enjoy the last year of my 20's!
As for Christmas, well it could have been better.
I am guilty of something... I'm very dependent on Christmas.
I look forward to it all year, I get my hopes up for some perfect time with my family, and it always tends to fall short.
Christmas Eve we usually spend the night at my parents' house. So we packed our bags and, along with Riley, jumped in the car and headed south. We went to Church, which I was really happy about because we missed it last year. When we got back home though, things took an ugly turn.
I won't go into details but my parents got into an argument, which resulted in Kris and I taking my Mom, brother and their two dogs home with us at about 1:00 a.m. Christmas Eve, technically Christmas Day. Picture the four of us, in our little Taurus, with an 80 lb. boxer, a 40 lb. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and of course little 25 lb. Riley.
It's over and in the past now, but the whole thing has stirred up a lot of bad memories.
I'm still trying to deal with things, and it has been really really hard. I'm actually on the verge of going and talking to someone because I just don't know what to do... Should I try to fix it? Should I leave it alone? Should I pretend like it didn't happen?
It's tough. It's real tough. It's a situation I wouldn't wish on anyone else, that's for sure...
Back to the brighter side.
New Year's.
I got an e-mail flyer back in November about a New Year's celebration at Swinger's Grille, and I ran it by a few friends, and we decided to go for it, and I'm SOooooo glad we did, it was so nice. They had it decorated really nice, they had a buffet, and it was open bar! We'll for sure be doing that again next year!
My #1 resolution is to lose weight. And I know, like a lot of people I say that every year, but I gained 12 lbs. in the month of December and I absolutely hate the way I feel right now. I'm still not as heavy as I was back in 2005 when I was at my heaviest, but I'm a little close for comfort.
So I decided I wanted to up the stakes a little bit this year to make sure I stick to my diet. I have a free gym memborship through my work, and they do a "Biggest Loser" contest every year... So I'm giving it a shot! They base it on % of your weight. Last year, the winner lost 27% of their weight! That's a lot. Especially considering it is only 4 months long. So I am really busting my butt right now. Eating nothing but vegetables and lean meat. 45 minutes on the elliptical, 5 days a week, plus 2 - 15 minute strength training sessions on top of that. And this week, I'm starting Pilates class, so that will be in addition to the other training. I feel like I'm always at the gym right now, but it has really become something I look forward to. I used to look forward to getting home and sitting on the couch, but now I get home and I can't sit still! I'm sleeping so much better at night too. I pretty much sleep all the way through the night, and don't have any trouble getting up in the morning. It feels good to be healthy... Rough getting started but well worth it in the long run!
Kris's Christmas present to me was a trip to Denver, and I tried to talk him into trading it for a trip somewhere warm, but ultimately we decided to do both! I really want to go to Disney, and the more I think about it, the more I think I want to try and go for my 30th birthday next December, so we are currently scoping out ticket prices and stuff for that! I'm excited, we haven't had a real vacation in a long time...
So, I guess that's about it. Overall the holidays were pretty nice. Glad they are over though.
Talk to you later, oh sweet journal!

Posted by Colleen at 1:39 PM |

0 Comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones